|Pharmaceutical; Retail & Wholesales; Healthcare; Utilities & Telecom [+]; High tech & Industrial production; Government, Education & Social Services; Service Providers; SAP HANA; Manufacturing; Automotive; Service Providers; Chemical, Oil & Gas; Empower the Data Driven Organization; sap; Any; Finance & Insurance; Transport & Logistics; Media, Entertainment & Leisure; SAP [-]
Accelerating service provider revenue with SAP HANA-as-a-service
With the introduction of SAP S/4HANA, customers must migrate to a new, hybrid IT environment by 2025. For example, some legacy SAP workloads must move to SAP SaaS services such as Ariba or Concur for procurement or expense management. Other workloads, like dev/test, may move to public cloud environments as customers test and evaluate SAP HANA.
Most SAP workloads, particularly mission-critical production workloads, will need to move to a modernized, core infrastructure that resides on-premises or, increasingly, off-premises in a managed private cloud environment or dedicated hosting environment managed by service providers.
The revenue opportunity for service providers
Today, SAP has an installed base of more than 40,000 customers—and, according to Gartner, almost half of these customers run SAP licenses on HPE infrastructure. This is more than twice the nearest competitor. Among the HPE installed base, only about 20% have started migrating to HANA, so service providers have an immediate opportunity to provide the expertise and solutions customers need to migrate to HANA.
While service providers have a compelling case to develop and offer SAP HANA-as-a-service, we also know this space is competitive and that customers have choices. As a result, it is critical that service providers differentiate their offerings relative to public cloud vendors or even SAP’s own HANA Enterprise Cloud (HEC).
Typically, service providers will differentiate their offerings by focusing on one or more of the following capabilities:
- Delivering best-in-class managed private cloud infrastructure for SAP HANA
- Offering a portfolio of services including hardware, operating systems, storage, database management, and potentially SAP Basis support
- Enabling geographic proximity to clients
- Supporting both SAP and non-SAP workloads
- Providing higher levels of integration and customization
- Developing unique vertical expertise
Empower with SAP HANA mitigates risk with a proven solution
HPE’s Empower with SAP HANA solution puts our partners a step ahead by providing:
- Market-leading, certified infrastructure built for SAP HANA (both appliances and TDI blocks)
- Enterprise-grade software to manage and protect mission-critical data and/or orchestrate resource provisioning and management
- Pointnext services to build our partners’ SAP practices and/or resell to customers as white-labeled services (e.g., advisory, transformation, design, implementation, migration, support).
- Flexible consumption models and financial services to enable transformation and align revenue to costs
- Joint go-to-market with co-marketing and co-selling through programs like Partner Ready and Cloud28+
Empower with SAP HANA helps partners reduce costs and accelerate time to market. Moreover, it helps our service provider partners mitigate risk with proven technology, services, and joint GTM programs.
HPE is uniquely qualified to help service providers deliver managed SAP HANA services—because HPE is the undisputed leader in SAP infrastructure:
- #1 ranked, best-in-class optimized solutions, according to Gartner
- 48% of SAP licenses run on HPE
- More than 200 engineers in co-innovation labs
- More than 500 HANA experts who design and implement solutions
- Strong ecosystem of global and regional system integrators, channel, and SP partners (Cloud28+)
- Partner-first mindset
For more information
To learn more about HPE’s strategy, programs, and portfolio for service providers, including the Empower with SAP HANA solution, contact your account manager or visit our website.